Sunday, January 20, 2013

020: Shredder to kick off TMNT week

It's TMNT week here in the #cardBOREDsketch box and I am excited to kick it off with the big bad baddie, The Shredder. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are an integral part of my childhood and to this day I am still a fan and excited that they have come back in a huge way in the form of the IDW comic and the new Nickelodeon show.

My older brothers had the original Eastman and Laird books with the gritty black and white art but I was never "allowed" to read them. When the Adventure series came out by Archie Comics those were the ones I read.. The cartoons series, the toys, the movies, flooded my world. I love the universe and continue to dive in especially now that those Ultimate Hard Covers have been coming out by IDW. I had the wonderful opportunity to meet Kevin Eastman at the Detroit Fanfare two years ago and it was one of the highlights of my artistic career and my life for that matter. To meet someone who has influenced you with their art, stories, and characters, is a great feeling and it further fueled me to be a better storyteller.

Since you've seen me draw the turtles endless amounts of times I thought I'd kick it fresh and start it off with the Shred-dude. I love his fight with the turtles in the first movie and this scene:

Shredder: Ah, the rat. It has a name. It HAD a name.
Leo: YOU LIE!
Shredder: DO I?


So. Damn. Good.


No comments:

Post a Comment