Sunday, January 13, 2013

013: Shaun of The Dead

Following up on my post from yesterday, I really feel like the zombie craze became huge once Shaun of the Dead was released, at least for me anyways. I wasn't a huge fan of zombies or anything but my college roommates were way into it. I remember owning a copy of Night of the Living Dead and I thought it was a great piece of film but I never wanted to seek out anything else zombie related.

So I remember going into that theater and laughing hysterically. It's all anyone would ever talk about at school. From then on the zombie infestation spread like wild fire. Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, and Nick Frost changed the game, did something different with the genre and since then everyone's been trying to put their own spin on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment