Sunday, March 10, 2013

069: The Flash


Sorry for the quick posts lately. I am in the process of moving and wedding-ing (?), so I haven't gone too much in depth with some of these. Not that they need it but I do like the descriptions and the stories of how I got to a particular sketch. Usually it's something movie related.  Like today's sketch, I watched the animated flick JLA: DOOM and there was this cool bit with THE FLASH where he couldn't stop running or he would blow up. It's like he was the movie, SPEED. At one point he was running on water so he was kind of like SPEED 2: CRUISE CONTROL... see what I did there?

Anyway, I was messing around with the gesture of running and really playing with the exaggeration and I think I achieved a good sense of fluidity and motion in a single image. If you really push the principles of animation you can evoke more life into your pieces. Especially ones that show some form of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment